Thursday, June 20, 2013

payback's a bitch





I give you three photos. One is a piece of farm equipment. The next, a chain, and finally a crying child. What do these things have in common??? Well I'm about to tell you a little story about my first journey into the world of bondage. And get your head out of the gutter... It ain't that kinda story. Maybe I'll tell ya that one next week.

So my mom brother and I lived in this farm in Illinois. We were poor and we kinda worked the land for a farmer in exchange for rent. The farm was out in the middle of nowhere. The nearest house was across a huge cornfield. And when the corn was high, we would get lost in there for hours trying to get to it because our only friend lived there. My brother is two years older than me. I think he was 7 and I was 5 at the time. Since there was nobody else around, all we had was each other. As future stories will reveal, he was the bad seed. Always getting into trouble and always doing the wrong thing. I was bored and had nothing better to do, so I was always just the little sister standing there watching him blow stuff up and what not. Things we did for fun consisted of riding the pigs, grabbing the electric fence and then each other, shooting out barn windows, catching field mice, and building jumps out of a cinder blocks and old warped pieces of plywood.Our friend from across the cornfield left his bike at our house, so we would both get on that thing and go over those rickety old jumps we built on a gravel driveway. I’m certain we crashed every time. My brother Tad was always driving. I have the scars to prove it. He did teach me to ride a bike by aiming me at a barn and pushing me towards it. I only ran into 7 or 8 barns before I got the hang of it. He was always beating me up, throwing rocks at me and shooting me with his BB gun. I just kept coming back for more because I had nobody else to play with. Finally the day came when I got my sweet, sweet revenge.




It was a sunny autumn day. The leaves had changed colors, the birds were singing and my glorious moment for pay back had arrived. It amazes me to this day that my brother and I got made it to adulthood and we made it out with all our limbs. There was old rusty farm equipment everywhere. We would play on it or with it all day long. Our favorite machine was this giant thing that looked like a teeter totter. I think it was used to drop corn into those giant silos. If my brother and I walked to one end, that end would go down to the ground. If one of us walked the other way, then that side would go back up. We spent hours on there going up and down. One day my brother says to me, “Hey Nicole, wrap these chains around my ankles, I want to hang upside down.” I couldn’t believe my ears. I said with a smirk… “no problem”. So I wrapped the chains around his ankles, walked to the other end and his end went up at least 20 feet in the air. And there he hung, upside down by his ankles with a big smile on his face. That smile turned to tears as I turned around and started walking away…slowly. I’m pretty sure I picked a flower as I walked to the house hearing him cry and beg to get him down. I never turned my head or responded in any way. Just left that fucker for dead.

I walked in the house where my mom was sitting at the kitchen table with a friend. She said “Where’s Tad?” An I swear to God, I said… “Oh, he’s just hangin’ around.” I was a smart ass from birth.




I completely forgot about him. I was sitting in the living room watching cartoons for a couple of hours when he came crawling through the door crying. My mom said, “What happen?” and he told her. She laughed and said “Well, she finally got you back. Maybe you won’t pick on her so much anymore.” Moral of the story??? I may be silent, but I’m deadly. And payback’s a bitch ain’t it?

No comments:

Post a Comment