Thursday, June 20, 2013

Priholes

I’m not one to generalize or stereotype but I’m about to do it right now… I give you…the Toyota Prius driver. I was on my way home from the gym and I got behind one of these bad boys. I started thinking that most days when I have to slow down on the road, I’m either behind a Prius or a scooter. I decided to stay behind it, (which was easy to do even though I was on my scooter) and even went out of my way a little bit to observe it’s behavior. As we approached a school zone, the Prius slowed down even though it’s Saturday and that little yellow light was not flashing. The next obstacle we had to overcome were a series of speed bumps. I actually had to put my feet down because they were coming to a complete stop to get over them safely. As we came up on a yellow light, there was no doubt in my mind…they were stopping. You will never see a Prius blow through a red light…ever. Our journey came to an end as the Prius pulled into Kroger.I would bet my life on the fact that they brought their own bags and were giving the people who didn't the ol’ stank eye. As I ran into my house to use the restroom I thought…they definitely live by the motto…”If it’s yellow, let it mellow. If it’s brown, flush it down.” In closing I’d like to say to Prius driver’s everywhere… when I get behind you, I’ll be late for work. But I will get there alive. Drive safely out there folks!


No comments:

Post a Comment